- Please have your student schedule or school ID for book checkout.
- Do not make any marks in or on any of your books or fold the pages. If you do, you will have to fix it or be charged a fee. Do not leave your books anywhere, especially in the classroom. If they are lost or stolen you will have to pay for them. The average price is $100.00 each.Keep your books dry.
- Any book which is returned with water damaged will be charged at full replacement price.
- Thank you for being a responsible student here at Mar Vista High School!
Fines to cover repair or replacement of library or textbook materials may be charged if the materials are abused during the time the student was responsible for the materials. These fines are rare and are usually assessed when a book is water damaged, the binding is ripped, a picture or other item has been cut from the book, or damage due to ink, crayon, pencil or pen has occurred.
- 19910 – Malicious Cutting, Tearing, Defacing, Breaking or Injuring Library Property
- 19911 – Willful Retention of Library Property
- 48904 – Willful Misconduct; Limit of Liability or Parent or Guardian Withholding Grades, Diplomas or Transcripts of Students Causing Property Damage or Injury, Transfer of Permanent Enrollment and Scholarship Records
- 53069.5 – Reward for Information Concerning Person Causing Death, Injury, or Property Damage; Liability for Reward
- 1714 – Responsibility for Willful Acts and Negligence; Contributory Negligence
- 1714.1 – Liability of Parent/Guardian or Act of Willful Misconduvbe by a Minor
- 1714.3 – Liability for Parent/Guardian for Injury to Person/Property Caused by Minor Under Fifteen