MVH Library is physically CLOSED due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please see below for Textbook Checkout procedures and virtual/phone library assistance.
***Check back for updates as our COVID response may change.
Phone Office Hours: (619) 628-5730 (Tuesdays & Thursdays 8am – 1pm)
Virtual Office Hours: 2:30-3:30 pm M-F
“Ask a Librarian” – For Students/Parents
You may not be able to drop by your school library in-person right now, but SUHSD Teacher Librarians continue to be available – and eager – to help you during distance learning.
- Are you unsure where to ask for help?
- Do you need help with a particular assignment?
- Are you having difficulty finding the information you need?
- Do you need help with a particular tech tool?
You may always reach out directly to your site’s Teacher Librarian. Or, you may alternatively use the Ask A Librarian form. You are not alone! If we are unable to answer your question ourselves, we will connect you to the right person or resource to help. We would love to hear from you!
“Ask a Librarian” – For Teachers/Staff
While we are not able to collaborate in person, Teacher Librarians continue to be available – and eager – to collaborate virtually with you.
You may always reach out directly to your site’s Teacher Librarian. Or, alternatively, use the Ask A Librarian form. You are not alone!
Normal Library Hours
Monday – Friday from 6:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Library Services (Book Checkout/Clearance):
Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The mission of the Mar Vista High School Library Media Center is to teach students to become proficient readers who can skillfully access, evaluate and use information in order to be able to integrate information literacy skills into all areas of learning. The overall goal is to create a model program as outlined by the Model School Library Standards for California Public Schools.
- Reading Support – stimulating interest in reading and providing a safe and inviting space in which students can access reading materials in a wide range of subjects, reading levels, and formats (including but not limited to: books, periodicals, magazines, graphic novels, eBooks).
- Curriculum Support – providing an array of non-fiction books and data bases to reflect the Standards in all subject areas.
- Information Literacy – giving instruction in information literacy so that students are able to: recognize when information and efficiently locate, evaluate, and use information in a variety of formats.
- Teacher Support – working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students through the use of supplementary materials such as kits, DVDs, audiobooks, eBooks, and class novels.
- Technology Integration – providing space and time for students to practice and refine technology skills in computers, media, and other technologies such as district provided Lenovo Laptops.
- Community Outreach – welcoming family and community members to access library resources for training and meetings; and to encourage volunteerism in the library.
The Mar Vista High School Library is reaching out to the community for help with purchasing NEW library books and NEW magazine subscriptions for the 2019-2020 school year.
Help us fulfill our students’ requests by purchasing a NEW book for the MVH Library!
See link below:
Please include your name and email in the gift note so we can say thanks! Thank you in advance for your consideration!