Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Check w/ Library ahead of time (Typically held weekly @ Study Period)
UCSD Upward Bound:
Monday & Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday from 2:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
SWC Math Tutoring:
Tuesday & Thursday from 2:45 – 4:30 p.m.
UCSD Upward Bound Tutoring:
TIMES AND DATES PENDING (Will begin after Fall Break 2018)
Phone: (619) 628-5730
The mission of the Mar Vista High School Library Media Center is to teach students to become proficient readers who can skillfully access, evaluate and use information in order to be able to integrate information literacy skills into all areas of learning. The overall goal is to create a model program as outlined by the Model School Library Standards for California Public Schools.
- Reading Support – stimulating interest in reading and providing a safe and inviting space in which students can access reading materials in a wide range of subjects, reading levels, and formats (including but not limited to: books, periodicals, magazines, graphic novels, eBooks).
- Curriculum Support – providing an array of non-fiction books and data bases to reflect the Standards in all subject areas.
- Information Literacy – giving instruction in information literacy so that students are able to: recognize when information and efficiently locate, evaluate, and use information in a variety of formats.
- Teacher Support – working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students through the use of supplementary materials such as kits, DVDs, audiobooks, eBooks, and class novels.
- Technology Integration – providing space and time for students to practice and refine technology skills in computers, media, and other technologies such as district provided Lenovo Laptops.
- Community Outreach – welcoming family and community members to access library resources for training and meetings; and to encourage volunteerism in the library.