Monday – Friday from 7:15 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Textbook Windows (Book and Laptop Checkouts/Returns):
OPEN Before School, Period 1, Period 2, and Period 5 (2nd hour)
CLOSED – Period 5
In-Library Services (Checkouts/Returns/Reading/Open Study/Computer Use/Printing):
OPEN Period 3, Period 4, Period 6, Nutrition Break, and Lunch
Tuesday & Wednesday @ Student Lunch in the Library
Monday – Thursday from 2:40 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.
Ms. Tellez (Mondays) Diana.Tellez@sweetwaterschools.org
Ms. Guerrero (Tuesdays) Amanda.Guerrero@sweetwaterschools.org
Ms. Hurtado (Wednesdays and Thursdays) Maria.Hurtado@sweetwaterschools.org
Ms. Garcia (Fridays) Daniela.Garcia@sweetwaterschools.org
Phone: (619) 628-5730
Office Hours: Monday – Friday (8:15 am – 3:45 pm)
Phone: (619) 628-5731
Office Hours: Monday – Friday (Periods 3, 4, and 6 )
The mission of the Mar Vista High School Library Media Center is to teach students to become proficient readers who can skillfully access, evaluate and use information in order to be able to integrate information literacy skills into all areas of learning. The overall goal is to create a model program as outlined by the Model School Library Standards for California Public Schools.
- Reading Support – stimulating interest in reading and providing a safe and inviting space in which students can access reading materials in a wide range of subjects, reading levels, and formats (including but not limited to: books, periodicals, magazines, graphic novels, eBooks).
- Curriculum Support – providing an array of non-fiction books and data bases to reflect the Standards in all subject areas.
- Information Literacy – giving instruction in information literacy so that students are able to: recognize when information and efficiently locate, evaluate, and use information in a variety of formats.
- Teacher Support – working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students through the use of supplementary materials such as kits, DVDs, audiobooks, eBooks, and class novels.
- Technology Integration – providing space and time for students to practice and refine technology skills in computers, media, and other technologies such as district provided Lenovo Laptops.
- Community Outreach – welcoming family and community members to access library resources for training and meetings; and to encourage volunteerism in the library.