Monday – Friday from 6:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Library Services (Book Checkout/Clearance):
Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Check w/ Library ahead of time (Typically held weekly @ Study Period)
UCSD Upward Bound:
Monday, Tuesday, & Friday 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Important Library Dates
May 17th: Library closes its doors – after this date services are provided through textbook windows
May 20th – 30th: Scheduled Textbook Return (during class time)
May 22nd – 24th: Scheduled underclassman Laptop Return (through Social Science)
May 29th – 30th: Scheduled senior Laptop Return (through Social Science)
June 3rd: Final Senior Clearance (SENIORS ONLY)
June 4th – 6th: AP Summer Checkout (before school, nutrition, lunch, or after school)
***Please note that the library will NOT be open during student lunch during laptop/textbook return.
Monday – Thursday from 2:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
SWC Math Tutoring:
Tuesday & Thursday from 2:45 – 4:30 p.m.
UCSD Upward Bound Tutoring:
Tuesday & Thursday 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Phone: (619) 628-5730
The mission of the Mar Vista High School Library Media Center is to teach students to become proficient readers who can skillfully access, evaluate and use information in order to be able to integrate information literacy skills into all areas of learning. The overall goal is to create a model program as outlined by the Model School Library Standards for California Public Schools.
- Reading Support – stimulating interest in reading and providing a safe and inviting space in which students can access reading materials in a wide range of subjects, reading levels, and formats (including but not limited to: books, periodicals, magazines, graphic novels, eBooks).
- Curriculum Support – providing an array of non-fiction books and data bases to reflect the Standards in all subject areas.
- Information Literacy – giving instruction in information literacy so that students are able to: recognize when information and efficiently locate, evaluate, and use information in a variety of formats.
- Teacher Support – working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students through the use of supplementary materials such as kits, DVDs, audiobooks, eBooks, and class novels.
- Technology Integration – providing space and time for students to practice and refine technology skills in computers, media, and other technologies such as district provided Lenovo Laptops.
- Community Outreach – welcoming family and community members to access library resources for training and meetings; and to encourage volunteerism in the library.
Now Accepting Donations!
The Mar Vista High School Library is reaching out to the community for help with purchasing NEW library books and NEW magazine subscriptions for the 2018-2019 school year.
Help us fulfill our students’ requests by purchasing a NEW book for the MVH Library!
See link below:
Please include your name and email in the gift note so we can say thanks! Thank you in advance for your consideration!