Parents of seniors! If you would like to purchase space for a message to your child in the yearbook, please read the following letter and follow the instructions.
Reminder- Coffee with the Principal is tomorrow (3/1) at 8 a.m. in the Parent Center. You will be able to receive your student’s Progress Report Card and learn about some community resources. Hope to see you there!
Recordatorio: el café con el director es mañana a las 8 a.m. en el Centro de Padres. Podrán recibir las boletas de avance académico de sus hijos y escuchar presentaciones de recursos en nuestra comunidad. ¡Esperamos verles ahí!
College is For Me Conference – Saturday, March 16 at CSU San Marcos
Students and parents are invited to attend the College is For Me Conference
Date: Saturday, March 16th
Time: 9 am – 1 pm
Location: CSU San Marcos – USU Ballroom
This conference is designed to demystify the inaccessibility of higher education for members of marginalized populations in our society. This conference is an opportunity for people who have never considered college to learn how higher education can be a means for self-empowerment.
What College Can Do for You
How to Get int to College
How to Pay for College
Connections to make in College
The College Experience Student Panel
This is a FREE conference which also includes free breakfast, lunch and parking
More info: (760) 750-6060 or email@example.com
- Visit www.balfour.com
- Enter Mar Vista High in search bar
- Select yearbook
- Select ads
- Enter name and grade
Then it will give you pricing:
- Full page 225.00
- Half page 125.00
- Quarter page 75.00
- Business card size 40.00
All ads can be designed through design builder in the website. Just follow prompts.
DEADLINE FOR ADS IS MARCH 12th.
All student-athletes must be cleared by the ASB & bring proof of clearance to the coach prior to/on the day of tryouts.
Boys/Girls Track & Field
- Wednesday 2/13 @ 3PM by the flagpole (football field)
- Bring athletic clothing and running shoes
- Head Coach: Alton Colter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tuesday 2/19 @ 2:50PM the Flagpole (football field)
- LAX stick, mouth guard, running shoes, cleats, goggles, water
- Head Coach: Shizuka Baker (email@example.com)
- Wednesday 2/20 @ 3PM at Football Field
- Bring athletic clothing, cleats, sticks, gloves
- Head Coach: Jake Crose (Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saturday 2/9 @ 9AM (& 2/11 @ 3PM) on the Varsity Baseball Field
- Bring cleats, baseball pants, glove, and any other baseball gear you have
- Head Coach: Bobby Rector (email@example.com)
- Saturday 2/16 & 2/18 @ 9AM (& 2/19 @ 3PM) at the Varsity Softball Field
- Bring bat, cleats, glove and any other softball gear you have
- Head Coach: Tracey Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Monday 2/11 (& Feb 12/13), 3:30-5:15PM (Old Gym)
- Bring Indoor & Outdoor shoes, water & athletic apparel
- Head Coach: Sean Matthews (email@example.com)
Boys & Girls Swim & Dive
- Saturday 2/2 @ 9AM @ the Pool
- Bring swim suit & goggles
- Head Coach: Chad Kavanagh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Monday 2/4 @ 3:15PM @ Coronado Golf Course
- Bring golf clubs (if you have them)
- Head Coach: Randy Rosenheim (email@example.com)
- Monday 2/4 @ 3PM at Boys PE/Racquetball Courts
- Bring athletic clothing and tennis racquet
- Head Coach: Scott Guthrie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact Head Coach: Ron Mazer (email@example.com ; 619-990-1226)
Athletic Director: Tyler Arciaga (Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org)
ASB/AP of Athletics: Jessica Neamon (Jessica.email@example.com
Show your spirit with dress up days this week! We will celebrate our Winter Sports at our Assembly on Wednesday.
Monday: Fan Day
Tuesday: Medal Day
Wednesday: Olympic Rings Day
Thursday: USA Day
Friday: Greek Day
As we finish up the semester, refer to the app for our daily schedule. The schedule for the next two weeks is attached in the following image:
We have so many ways to get into the spirit of the Holidays at Mar Vista High! Visit the ASB page for more details on each activity:
- Door Decorating Contest
- Toy Drive
- Canned Food Drive
- Change Drive
Toys, Food, and Change can all be dropped off in the ASB or Student Center. Let’s GIVE BACK this Holiday Season, Mariners!
Have a great picture from this school year? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Yearbook team is working on a page titled, “PHOTOGRAPHY,” highlighting our Mariners’ amazing photography skills.
Submissions must include First and Last name and a brief description of photo location. Submissions will be accepted 11/27/18 to 12/5/18.
Reminder- Coffee with the Principal is tomorrow at 8 a.m. in the Parent Center. You will be able to receive your student’s Progress Report Card. We will have a safety update and a special presentation about the hazards of e-cigarettes. Hope to see you there!
Recordatorio: el café con el director es mañana a las 8 a.m. en el Centro de Padres. Podrán recibir las boletas de avance académico de sus hijos. Tendrémos una actualización de seguridad y una presentación especial sobre los peligros de los cigarrillos electrónicos. ¡Esperamos verles ahí!