Documents Needed -Proof of Residency
- Closing Escrow-papers, mortgage book or statement
- Lease Agreement/Rental Contract with Landlord’s name, address and telephone number and current receipt
- Letter on apartment complex or mobile home park letterhead, signed by the landlord, stating that parent/guardian/caregiver lives there and current rent receipt
- Utility bill: Gas & Electric, Water, Cable TV, Trash or Sewer; – must present bill with name, residence address, and current date. (Statement portion stating residence service address). No phone or cell phone bills
- Residence insurance statement; Verification of Social Service
***Joint Residency – please see the attached file linked here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school at (619) 628-5725.
At Mar Vista High School, we believe in the importance of school attendance. Our goal is promote a culture that expects high rates of attendance for all students as there is a clear connection between academic success and positive school attendance.
Mar Vista High School will continue to build strong partnerships with parents, students and the community to maximize first rate attendance. With this in mind, Mar Vista High’s commitment toward those goals are as follows:
· Maintain an average school wide daily attendance of 98%.
· Increase academic performance by meeting A-G requirements for graduation.
· Ensure school safety by identifying the whereabouts of all students.
· Ensure compliance with compulsory education laws.
· Identify attendance patterns and design strategies for improvement.
· Promote a sense of responsibility on the part of students, parents and staff to ensure maximum attendance by students.
Mar Vista also maintains high expectations for students as there is a clear connection between attendance and academic success. To ensure all students at Mar Vista High School are successful we expect the following from all our students:
· Make attending school every day a priority.
· Keep track of attendance and absences.
· Set my alarm clock for 6:15 a.m every day to prevent tardiness.
· Attend school every day unless truly sick with a temperature of 100 degrees or more.
· If absent, contact teachers to find out what was missed.
· Set up medical and dental appointments for weekdays after school. If you must make a medical appointment during the school day try to attend school the majority of the day and return with a doctor’s note.
· When struggling with a challenge that is keeping you from school, confide in an adult and seek help.
How to Clear an Absence
We understand that there may be times students will need to miss school. Parents are expected to inform the school within 10 days of an absence. Absences may be cleared by contacting the attendance office (619)628-5715.
A. Excused Absences, Tardiness and Early Departures: Are defined as absences, and early departures from class or school due to personal illness, illness or death in the family, impassable roads or weather emergency, religious observance, quarantine, required court appearance, attendance at health clinics, approved college visits, approved cooperative work programs, participation in approved school programs, military obligations. Tardiness will be excused only by presenting a doctor’s note or if student is required for court appearance.
B. Unexcused Absences and Tardiness: All other absences, tardiness, and early departures are considered unexcused.
All absences, tardiness and early departures must be accounted for through a note or phone call by the parent. Without a written note or phone call, all absences, tardiness, and early departures are unexcused and would need to be cleared through Saturday School.
Saturday school is a learning opportunity for students to recuperate missed instructional time. Students have the opportunity to catch up with their peers and a highly qualified teacher on any missed learning opportunities due to absences.
- Saturday School hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Students who arrive after 9:00 a.m. will not be admitted. In addition, students who leave before 12:00 p.m. will not receive credit for attendance.
- Students are expected to come prepared with paper, pencil, and homework.
- Saturday will reconcile 6 period absences or 10 tardies. It does not erase absences or tardies.